Heart of Jasper's 2021 Recap
To Our Supporters:
Thank you, Thank you to each and every one of our supporters. If you supported Heart of Jasper with your time, energy, financials, we greatly appreciate you. Heart of Jasper was very busy in 2021 and we are off to a great start in 2022. Here is an update on our projects and our accomplishments.
2021 Recap and Accomplishments:
· $50,000 was granted to 5 building owners for Façade Improvements.
· Three crosswalk murals were painted by a local artist to connect the Cultural Center with Downtown.
· Seventeen Welcome Banners were displayed to define the downtown and historic district.
· Eight art pins were designed and painted by local artists and placed in the downtown flower beds.
· A Pop-Up Market was held in the vacant Sternberg Furniture Building to allow 10 entrepreneurs to sell and market their products.
· 150 guests attended the Farm to Table dinner on North Main Street as fundraiser for Heart of Jasper and raised over $7500.
· Fifteen investors participated in the Vacant Building Tour which showcased 5 vacant buildings in the district.
· A $1,000 shopping spree to promote Shop Early, Shop Local during the holidays.
· Placed as a Top 5 finalist of the PreservINg Main Street Grant
· Continued to build a strong database of properties and buildings with in the Heart of Jasper district.
Façade Grant Program:
· Round 2 of the Façade Grant program opened in November and the deadline to apply is Friday February 25th. We are planning to grant another $50,000 for façade renovations! Applications and Guidelines can be found at https://www.heartofjasper.org/facade-grant-program/
We want to thank the City of Jasper for this partnership and the funding to make this program possible!
New Business Incentive:
· Through a Partnership with the Genesis 12 donor, we began a New Business Incentive to attract businesses to open in the downtown district. We have had a lot of interest and look forward to seeing new businesses join the downtown merchants! Application and guidelines can be found at https://www.heartofjasper.org/new-business-incentive/
We want to thank the Genesis 12 donor for continuing to bless others with their generous giving!
· Through a partnership with ROJAC, we will be purchasing new Christmas decorations for the Heart of Jasper district! Phase 1 will be redoing the Old Jasper Area and some of South and North Main Street in 2022. Phase 2 will be focusing on the Courthouse Square in 2023.
The Pop Up Market:
· The market “popped up” in the former HLS building on Friday February 11th. We had 11 vendors and great traffic! Our plan is to “pop up” a few more times this year in different locations.
Downtown Courthouse Infrastructure and Revitalization Project
· We want to support the merchants in every way possible during construction. We will continue to work on this plan as we learn more about the construction process. If you have any suggestions on how we can best support the businesses, please reach out to me! The plans for the project can be found here: https://www.jasperindiana.gov/category/subcategory.php?categoryid=42
· Downtown Chowdown on April 13th, May 11th, September 14th, October 12th.
· Farm to Table Dinner on October 1st. Location TBD.
Events can be found at https://www.heartofjasper.org/calendar/
I would love to hear your feedback, ideas, and/or questions. Please reach out at any time via email at [email protected] or via phone at 812-661-2881. Stay in touch by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and our website at www.heartofjasper.org.
Thank you for allowing the Heart of Jasper team to work with you!